Why come to EQReborn? EQReborn is a much more casual experience than P99 on top of not being nearly 10 years old. P99 encompasses vanilla EQ + the first 2 expansions which is from March 1999 to just before Dec 2001 (when luclin came out) in the real EQ timeline. If you think about it you're basically looking at ~2.5 years of EQ time dragged out over 10 years. So you are looking at a massively top heavy experience, which is fine if raiding is not your main focus. If you are looking to be at the forefront of a new server, then this is the place to be.
- Era accurate items, spells, quests, NPCs, tradeskills, zones, and more!
- Classic graphics, spell effects, spell icons, and spell gems enhanced by the newer client.
- Increased out-of-combat health and mana regeneration.
- Limited edition classic era items (e.g. Manastone and Guise of the Deceiver) available for a limited time.
- Quality of life improvements such as improved tradeskill containers, spell sets, and melody.
- Classic mechanics including experience loss, corpse loss, feign death pulling, and group experience.
- Drinking gnomes in place of the boats – porting every 18 minutes.
- Dedicated enterprise-level servers with a 100 Mbps synchronous connection and solid state drives that can easily handle 100’s of players with extremely fast zone times.
- Items stack to 100, coins are weightless
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.