What Is The Procedure Of Professional Teeth Whitening?
To help reinvigorate a smile tainted by discoloration, Are you considering teeth whitening? In the world today, professional teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure. In-office whitening takes place under carefully monitored conditions which allow for the safe, controlled, pain-free use of a relatively high concentration of bleaching gel which yields results that are visible immediately. Unlike home-use systems that incorporate low-dose bleaching agents.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of teeth whitening?
In cosmetic dentistry, if Sapphire Dental has some advantages then they also have some disadvantages too. These are as follows:
● It gives the fastest results
● It is the safest form of bleaching
● Due to thicker peroxide gels, gum and tooth sensitivity are more controllable Teeth Whitening In Houston and the use of desensitizers such as fluoride and potassium nitrate.
● It is more expensive than take-home alternatives. On average its cost is $650 compared to $400 for take-home trays and under $100 for over-the-counter bleaching trays or strips.
● Depending on factors such as heredity, age, and the type of staining that is present, results can be unpredictable.
● For Professional Teeth Whitening Near Me, in-office bleaching is not a permanent solution. The teeth resume accumulating stains shortly after treatment is completed. With a lower-percentage bleach that can be kept on the teeth for longer periods of time, many dentists, therefore, recommend home maintenance follow-up.
How to find that you are a candidate?
For those with the following conditions this procedure is not suitable for:
1. Hypersensitivity of tooth and gum. Your Teeth Whitening Dentist Near Me is likely to recommend take-home bleaching trays with a low concentration of carbamide peroxide which is not as potent as hydrogen peroxide, to avoid a hypersensitivity reaction.
2. Intractable and deep staining. In-office bleaches are resistant to stains to high concentration. Dentists may recommend a supervised regimen of intensive take-home bleaching or alternatives to peroxide bleaching such as bonding, crowns, or veneers in such cases.
3. With age, teeth have become transparent. To begin with, this is particularly true of the front teeth which are thin.
Teeth whitening procedure
A fairly standard routine is followed while details may vary. The steps involved are not uncomfortable or painful typically.
- To expose all the “esthetic zone” a cheek retractor is inserted into the mouth.
- To protect against any irritation caused by the bleaching gel, a liquid rubber dam or hardening resin is painted onto the gum tissue.
- To the esthetic zone a bleaching gel containing hydrogen peroxide is applied and kept on for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- For one or more additional periods of 15 to 30 minutes, a fresh gel is applied and the bleaching gel is suctioned or washed off.
- An intense light that is focused on the teeth and is activated or enhances the bleaching process incorporatesTeeth Whitening Houston Tx treatments.
- The teeth are checked to see how well they have whitened and whether more bleach needs to be applied between gel applications.
Your dentist may recommend follow-up in-office bleaching at a future date if a satisfactory level of Teeth Whitening Houston hasn’t been achieved.