[Not a bug] Griffenne Charm drop rate.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

ManlyBeardFace

[Not a bug] Griffenne Charm drop rate.

Post by ManlyBeardFace » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm

I am not sure if this is a bug or what. It is annoying and makes folks skip the Sol Ro content as a result. I have been farming a Grifenne Charm for a few weeks. Whenever I pass through the zone I circle it several times tracking and killing all Griffs of all types. About 1/10 spawns seems to be a Griffene and about 30-40% of those drop a downfeather for the shaman Sol Ro quests. The remainder drop griffon feathers or nothing. I have killed several dozen griffennes and have not been able to get a charm. I brought it up in discord and only one person reported ever seeing one and then the person who was supposed to have gotten it corrected them to say it never dropped.

I don't know if the Griffenne Charm is in the DB, but I do know that the drop rate is so low that nobody is likely to ever complete the quest. Please verify it's status and consider modifying the drop rate if it is active and working. It is utterly punishing, & this is from someone who gladly camps visible Rubicite.

Haldorn

Re: Griffenne Charm drop rate.

Post by Haldorn » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:10 pm

I was able to get a drop, I tried the same as you for about an hour and only saw one Griffenne so I gave up then. But sometime later porting in there was a griffenne around the druid rings so I killed it and it dropped the charm for me.

eeks
Site Admin

Post by eeks » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:34 pm

Just checked... Looks like RNG is RNG for you. The Drop rate isn't set to anything crazy. There are ~80 Lambent Bracers/Griffenne Charms sitting in people's inventories right now. Hope your farming pays off :)

ManlyBeardFace

Post by ManlyBeardFace » Thu May 09, 2019 7:20 pm

eeks wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:34 pm
Just checked... Looks like RNG is RNG for you. The Drop rate isn't set to anything crazy. There are ~80 Lambent Bracers/Griffenne Charms sitting in people's inventories right now. Hope your farming pays off :)
Thank you for checking it for me! Knowing that I am just cursed actually makes me feel better!