PoS Keyring Irregular Function

Please post bugs here.
Do not post exploits or bugs that may give an unintended advantage. Use the exploit forum instead.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

ManlyBeardFace

PoS Keyring Irregular Function

Post by ManlyBeardFace » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:22 pm

Using keys in the Plane of Sky DOES add them to your keyring, but if you then try to port form one island to another it hardly works. One must click dozens, sometimes hundreds of times to get the port to work. Some folks have been trying to get form island 2 to island 3 for 15 minutes.

No message is recieved and a /key has veerified that hte key is present on the ring. The portals simply do not work the majority of the time.

ManlyBeardFace

Re: PoS Keyring Irregular Function

Post by ManlyBeardFace » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:47 am

Traveled to Sky to complete a quest and confirmed that the Veeshan's Key for the Quest Island is added to the keyring when you travel there. Have not traveled back to test keyring function yet. I did confirm however that the Veeshan's Key that SIrran the Lunatic gives you does not work and you must use the one that you buy from the Key Master. Note that despire being lore and having the same name these keys are different items and I was able to have one of each, simultaneously, in my bags.

eeks
Site Admin

Post by eeks » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:55 am

ManlyBeardFace wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:47 am
Traveled to Sky to complete a quest and confirmed that the Veeshan's Key for the Quest Island is added to the keyring when you travel there. Have not traveled back to test keyring function yet. I did confirm however that the Veeshan's Key that SIrran the Lunatic gives you does not work and you must use the one that you buy from the Key Master. Note that despire being lore and having the same name these keys are different items and I was able to have one of each, simultaneously, in my bags.
We'll look into keyring stuff. It seems to work, but there may be some db lag when many people are clicking that will be difficult to resolve.

As for Veeshan's keys... there are two with the same name that open different portals as is intended.

Erekai

Post by Erekai » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:03 pm

eeks wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:55 am
As for Veeshan's keys... there are two with the same name that open different portals as is intended.
Yes, there are two keys with the same name. The one purchased from the Key Master for 1c gets you into the quest room, and the other one received from Sirran is the key to, I believe, Island 7? Maybe 8? Is there an 8th island? Either way, they are definitely different keys, and puzzling to me that they are called the same thing and have the same icon, it appears to be that way by design. Chalk it up to one of those silly EQ things that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense but is actually correct.