Monk Shackle of Rock - Dancing Skeleton Timorous Deep

Please post bugs here.
Do not post exploits or bugs that may give an unintended advantage. Use the exploit forum instead.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

nothinhere07

Monk Shackle of Rock - Dancing Skeleton Timorous Deep

Post by nothinhere07 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:26 am

The dancing skeleton that the Great Oowomp in the Timorous Deep summons only lives for a few seconds before dissappearing, preventing me from completing the quest. The skeleton does not respond to hails or text. See the below outline of the quest:

You say, 'Hail, a dancing skeleton'

a dancing skeleton begins to dance with a loud clatter. A cloud of dust is created. Teedle dee. Teedle doo.
a dancing skeleton says 'A dancing skeleton am I.'
a dancing skeleton says 'Dancing for you and dancing for me.'
You say, 'Are you Gomoz?'

a dancing skeleton says 'Gomoz!! Why, that is me! I was heading off to be with the elements when I was captured by this smelly ogre. Actually, he is not as smelly as most.'
a dancing skeleton says 'Dancing for the great Oowomp!! Wheee!!'
You say, 'Who was Talon Southpaw?'

a dancing skeleton says 'Master Talon Southpaw!! He was my master. Dead, he became. Off to the elements. I keep his special hand with me. Perhaps I should have it returned. Maybe I shall find a young adventurer to [return the hand to Cabilis].'
You say, 'I will return the hand to Cabilis.'

a dancing skeleton says 'Yes!! Return the hand. Here it is. Missing four it is. Within the tower of past pain and torture is where the four lie. Taken by bones similar to myself.'
a dancing skeleton says 'Dancing and singing is my life!!'
You receive a Hand With Only a Thumb Spellicon U.png Item Lore (from Identify): Palm of Talon Southpaw

ZenBlade

Re: Monk Shackle of Rock - Dancing Skeleton Timorous Deep

Post by ZenBlade » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am

Yeah I was able to do it, but you're right, you have to do it quickly or he just depops. Definitely not how it was on Live.

nothinhere07

Post by nothinhere07 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am

Not a bug - You must talk to the Iksar Master Rinmark near the chessboard in the Timorous Deep before the dancing skeleton questline activates.

ZenBlade

Post by ZenBlade » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 am

Not sure what you mean, I was able to spawn the dancing skeleton then target him and say 'I will return the hand to cabilis' and get the fist before he despawns, but like you first mentioned he depops pretty quickly so you can't go through all his dialogue and read it or you won't have time.

nothinhere07

Post by nothinhere07 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 am

I wasnt able to get him to respond until I went and did the Master Rinmark portion of the monk quest, who mentions the skeleton. Not sure if that was just a coincidence. At least the quest is doable, just a pain with his despawn timer.

ZenBlade

Post by ZenBlade » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Yeah that's a coincidence I'm pretty sure. That's just Lore that leads you to find him if you don't already know. I can confirm I performed this step of the quest as I mentioned above and didn't need to talk to Rinmark to 'trigger' anything. You do have to stand pretty close to the skeleton for him to respond as well.