A sarnak courier (LOIO) not spawning or otherwise bugged?

Please post bugs here.
Do not post exploits or bugs that may give an unintended advantage. Use the exploit forum instead.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

ZenBlade

A sarnak courier (LOIO) not spawning or otherwise bugged?

Post by ZenBlade » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:49 am

So I have been spending hours here and there for the past nearly 2 weeks trying to get this guy to spawn for the hand that he drops for the Shackle of Rock quest. (Monk shackle series) I have done this on Live many times back in the day and on other EMU servers though they did tend to have slightly different spawn points. That said the PH list was always pretty well known, thanks to tracking:

a sabretooth cat
a sabretooth tigress (rarely, and lots of tigresses around that are not on the cycle)
a goblin brawler
a goblin skirmisher
greater scalebone
greater skeleton
an Iksar marauder
an Iksar brigand
a Sarnak youth
a Sarnak flukie
a Sarnak courier

These would be found in the valley area between the windmill and northward to near the river that connects to the FV zone and the lake. However here is what I have observed besides not seeing the courier ever (which he should not be that hard to get to spawn, on Live he was semi-common) I have not seen any of those PH mobs mentioned above in this area except the sabertooth tigress (many of them, along with tigers), a goblin skirmisher, and the sarnak youth and flunkies. All the others do not spawn in this area ever that I have seen no matter how many things are killed.

So my question is this. Are those mobs supposed to be part of the cycle to spawn the courier? Or perhaps it's just supposed to be a random pop from any of the mobs in the area there that roam? If so it seems like it's either broken and not spawning or way too rare for what it should be. Can someone check into this and see how it is setup and whether things are working as intended? If so a little hint on how it works here would be nice as I'm getting quite frustrated spending a ton of time on this when it should have taken an hour or so. Thanks for your hard work on this server and I am in no way meaning to sound like I'm upset at anyone. I merely want to find out if it is working significantly different than how I know it to have been before, or if it is broken, make it known so it can get addressed. Thanks!

Bruuss Sslee

EvilFX

Re: A sarnak courier (LOIO) not spawning or otherwise bugged?

Post by EvilFX » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:41 am

After spending many hours myself in this location trying to help Bruuss I can confirm that the spawns cycles are NOT correct. They do not match p99 NOR any old Live version descriptions,.. IMO it seems that "A Sarnak conscript" is spawning in place of the Courier,. all write-up's state that the Conscript should NOT spawn in this location (north of the Windmill) but I can confirm seeing it many times in that location.

ZenBlade

Post by ZenBlade » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 am

So after many attempts and hours spent clearing the area, the courier finally spawned. It had the Iksar Hand. So it appears just to be a rare mob spawn in that region, but IMO it's way too rare. The shackle is the 3rd in the series and is relatively low level. (15ish) Spawn rate on Live was much much higher with people seeing him multiple times an hour even when actively clearing the area. My 2 cents...

nothinhere07

Post by nothinhere07 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:50 pm

I can attest to this as well. I've spent 6 or 7 hours clearing everything around the windmill to FV, and even from the windmill to sarnak fort for good measure. I've killed normal place holders, as well as everything else after getting frustrated, and never saw the courier. Just dozens of conscripts, youths, and flunkies.

LG
Developer

Post by LG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:21 am

While this does not match some of the guides you've posted, he currently does exist in game and the ring can drop from him. Unfortunately, this will be a lower priority fix.

ZenBlade

Post by ZenBlade » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:28 am

I did finally get him after many days and many hours of clearing the area. Seems like he's WAY too rare here. Not broken per se, but the spawn rate is nowhere close to what it was on live.

Paulajet

A sarnak courier LOIO not spawning or otherwise bugged

Post by Paulajet » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:16 am

For Ordizia 20H - sprint was always showed for first 50m but you could set settings after realoading and beeing really fast - after the race everything shown correctly