Howling Stones- NPCs of incorrect classes/Mob Pathing

Please post bugs here.
Do not post exploits or bugs that may give an unintended advantage. Use the exploit forum instead.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

Sorrick

Howling Stones- NPCs of incorrect classes/Mob Pathing

Post by Sorrick » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:19 am

The warrior class type of skeletons (i.e. a sepulcher skeleton) in Howling Stones are supposed to have Harm Touch (that is working correctly). However, they are not supposed to have access to the full list of Shadow Knight spells. This can make what was a fun and challenging dungeon just not worth the effort anymore. The multiple debuffs applied by the warrior mobs increases downtime significantly and ups the difficulty a decent amount. That extra time you are utilizing to dispel yourself or wait out the debuffs makes for more charm breaks and other crazy shenanigans since the pathing in HS is also screwy with mobs porting from main floor to basement and vice versa. This place is supposed to be necro heaven! haha I'd appreciate a look at this whenever you can. Thank you for your time and we appreciate what you do for the server!

eeks
Developer

Re: Howling Stones- NPCs of incorrect classes/Mob Pathing

Post by eeks » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:07 pm

What are the rest called? I'm not overly familiar with classic HS.

Sorrick

Post by Sorrick » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Actually, from looking at the mob classes on both Ala and p99 wiki, the only one I can see is wrong is the "a sepulcher skeleton". Not that Howling Stones is impossible with this, but these are the most common of the break in mobs so the already horrible harm touch break in we are all used to now includes a bunch of SK debuffs to kick you while you're down. What piles onto this is the pathing issues in HS. Basement mobs teleporting to the main floor while you're in the middle of a break in. I believe patrollers from different wings even make appearances at the zone in.

Necrophobic

Post by Necrophobic » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:29 am

I just want to confirm the issue of patrolling mob(s) at the zone entrance; the time I was there (last night) it was a helot spectre. I zoned in expecting to have to break the mobs at the entrance, but then got bum rushed by this 'random pathing' mob. He was red to a lvl 45. (other mobs at the ent were blue/yellow to a lvl 45)

It would be really cool if that random pathing mob could be fixed. I FD'd and watched it as much as I could - it would appear on that platform at the entrance, then path down to the bottom underneath the platform where alot of undead are, and seemed to walk into halls at the bottom of the entrance pit. Laying there FD for a few mins, the 'random pathing' mob regularly pathed back to the zone-in platform. appeared to be a buggy pathing issue. Could be a simple spawn2.pathgrid issue

travi771

Post by travi771 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:58 pm

I can confirm everything stated previous by Necrophobic, I saw the same behavior.

Kambraike

Howling Stones NPCs of incorrect classes/Mob Pathing

Post by Kambraike » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Things with thorny even worse, than I was expecting. I have seen 2 occurences, when loot was dropped on failed loot check 35 & 56 vs 5. This is... a bit suriprising. a screenshot was taken

If you have any queries with regards to where and how to use Can you cancel a withdrawal on coral , you can get in touch with us at the web page