[Discussion] Bard Song Instrument Requirements

Please post bugs here.
Do not post exploits or bugs that may give an unintended advantage. Use the exploit forum instead.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

jessticy

[Discussion] Bard Song Instrument Requirements

Post by jessticy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 pm

After the update I noticed that a lot of Bard songs are requiring instruments that weren't before. Below are the ones that I noticed:
  1. Kelin's Lugubrious Lament - Stringed
  2. Crission's Pixie Strike - Wind
  3. Solon's Bewitching Bravura - Wind
  4. McVaxius' Berserker Crescendo - Brass
I tried to find if this was a "bug" or just a correction but, like a lot of things when Googling Everquest, I got conflicting results.

LG
Developer

Re: Bard Song Instrument Requirements

Post by LG » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:13 pm

This will require more time to look into to prove which songs should or should not require instruments.

Jarroll

Post by Jarroll » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:24 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16r-GcD ... sp=sharing

Here is my copy of on older version of Reed's Song Spreadsheet. It was always the definitive information on bard songs. If you look on the 2nd tab labeled "Song Details" you will find column D labeled "Skill". The ones that "require" instruments are marked with an asterisk. If you need the file emailed directly let me know where.

Here are the songs marked as requiring instruments that would be applicable from Classic, Kunark, & Velious:

Shauri's Sonorous Clouding (Classic) level 19
Cantata of Soothing (Velious) level 34
Solon's Bewitching Bravura (Classic) level 39
Melody of Ervaj (Velious) level 50
Occlusion of Sound (Velious) level 55
Composition of Ervaj (Velious) level 60

On a side note, I always hated that wind instruments never had any impact. There were songs that required it, but store bough flute was just as good as CT"s flute.
Last edited by Jarroll on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_doja

Post by The_doja » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:47 pm

To add

Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity (L32 Mana Regen) is not ticking on myself or anyone grouped. It is a Singing skill so I don't think it is the same as the instrument issue.

Jarroll

Post by Jarroll » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:15 am

Still hoping to get this one marked as pending. It is very difficult to function effectively in some cases with some of the requirements currently. Recovering from death even more so as basic functionality is locked behind instruments that shouldn't.

Jarroll

Post by Jarroll » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am

Here is the Way Back Machine's listing for EQ Diva from 2004. On this page there were some files to download. One is the 4.23 version of Reed's song spreadsheet (vs the 4.24 version I had linked above). There is also a .zip file that has a html based song guide that has songs marked with an asterix that required instruments. Hopefully this shows historical references for which did and did not require instruments during the appropriate era.

File Listing:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040715094 ... files.aspx

HTML Song Guide:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040715094 ... qsongs.zip

eeks
Developer

Post by eeks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Jarroll wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am
Here is the Way Back Machine's listing for EQ Diva from 2004. On this page there were some files to download. One is the 4.23 version of Reed's song spreadsheet (vs the 4.24 version I had linked above). There is also a .zip file that has a html based song guide that has songs marked with an asterix that required instruments. Hopefully this shows historical references for which did and did not require instruments during the appropriate era.

File Listing:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040715094 ... files.aspx

HTML Song Guide:
https://web.archive.org/web/20040715094 ... qsongs.zip
Are you able to go back farther? This is 4 years after where we are content-wise.

Jarroll

Post by Jarroll » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:44 am

I've been unable to find a working link to the older versions of the song spreadsheet. The wayback machine has links for the 2.4 and 3.17 versions, but the links do not actually contain the files. The HTML song guide listed above is from a 2004 version of EQ Diva, but the same version is also in earlier captures of the site (going back to 2001). The internet was a much different beast in the early 2000s and backup and archiving simply wasn't what it is today. Finding versions from 15 years ago is pretty solid all things considered.

The songs from classic never really changed much from release through my play time in PoP, so the info in the versions I have were still correct at the time.

The only things I could find was a .zip file that has a bunch of song info on it. The detailed page for each song shows (required) next to the instrument for the invis song for example (which is correct). The revision date at the bottom of each page shows a date in 2001.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yQ7SB ... wnsofFoKGz

The songs were not requiring instruments prior to the pre-Kunark patch here. Something changed with that that made the songs incorrect. There are multiple sources that all point in that same direction. I'm not sure what else to try that would illustrate the issue or what it should be beyond the sources already listed.

jessticy

Post by jessticy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 pm

So I did some digging and I was able to find the "Ruins of Kunark Revised Expanded Prima Official Guide" in PDF format located in the following link https://www.scribd.com/doc/53542242/488 ... e#download.

The original was published in 1999 with updates in 2000.

On pages 498-505 there is a list of all the Bard songs. The songs requiring instruments show that instrument as a "component" in the song description.

The following is the list according to the Prima guide:

Alenia's Disenchanging Melody - Lute
Kelin's Lucid Lullaby - Lute
Kelin's Lugubrious Lament - Lute
Lyssa's Veracious Concord - Wooden Flute
Shauri's Sonorous Clouding - 2 Wooden Flutes (1 not consumed) <--- I'm not sure what that means, haha. That's what it says though
Tarew's Aquatic Ayre - Wooden Flute

That's about as far back as I could find anything. I have the pages in question saved as a separate PDF. If you want it just let me know.

Kambraike

Discussion Bard Song Instrument Requirements

Post by Kambraike » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:49 am

I was going to weigh in on this, but then I realized Gabe would just disagree and post a 4-page discourse on why he disagrees, so I decided to save us both the effort.

If you cherished this article and you would like to be given more info about Is BetOnline good or What online slots payout the most kindly visit the web page