Monk Cooldown Collision with Disarm

Please post bugs here.
Do not post exploits or bugs that may give an unintended advantage. Use the exploit forum instead.

Moderators: Devs, Guides

Arsenic

Monk Cooldown Collision with Disarm

Post by Arsenic » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 am

There seems to be some odd interactions with cooldowns on some monk abilities.
Of interest:
Eagle Strike (ES) and Disarm.

Using ES activates the button cooldown for ES, as one would expect.
Using Disarm activates the button cooldown for Disarm, also as one would expect.

If you use ES first, Disarm still gives a normal message during the ES cooldown. That is, use ES, then use Disarm before the ES cooldown. This seems to work - damage from ES, skillups from Disarm (having never seen it actually work).
However, if you reverse the order, something odd happens.
If you use Disarm, then use ES, "ability not ready" message comes up (same as zoning and trying to use Mend button, while Mend is still on cooldown). This cancels the use of ES, even though ES does not appear to be on cooldown.

Two possible expected outcomes:
ES and Disarm are tied together, share a cooldown (like ES and other strike-skills, like Roundhouse and Tiger Strike), and mutually cause the cooldown on the hotkeys to activate when one is used.
ES and Disarm are not tied together, do not share a cooldown, and order of use should not matter.

I did not play a Monk in classic, so I do not know what is true to the original design or intention. Honestly, I'd just like a clearer expectation of what the skills are doing, and, if asked, I'll claim the second outcome as my preference ;)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

LG
Developer

Re: Monk Cooldown Collision with Disarm

Post by LG » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Given our current bandwidth and priority, I will outright say that this will unlikely be looked at any time soon.

Arsenic

Post by Arsenic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:11 pm

No worries, it's a minor detail. Filing bugs is as much about recording them as it is fixing them :) Throw it on the pile.

ZenBlade

Post by ZenBlade » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:11 pm

The same occurs with Tiger Claw and Disarm. I haven't fully tested the others.